Global Business Mobility visas
The Global Business Mobility (GBM) visa is a visa category that allows overseas businesses to send their staff to the UK for different purposes, such as setting up or growing their operations, sharing skills, or offering services. It is a streamlined and flexible visa category that replaces some of the previous work and business visas, such as the Intra-company Transfer visa and the Representative of an Overseas Business visa. The Global Business Mobility visa enables non-UK organisations to temporarily bring certain employees to the UK for specific roles, such as establishing a new branch, working at an existing subsidiary, or providing services under a contract.
This blog post will describe the main features and benefits of the Global Business Mobility visa and how Axis Solicitors can help you apply for it. Axis Solicitors is a UK-based law firm specialising in all immigration matters, with offices in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Newcastle and Chester. We have experienced and professional solicitors who can assist you with your case and ensure a successful outcome.
What are the sub-categories of the Global Business Mobility visa?
The Global Business Mobility visa has five sub-categories with different eligibility criteria and conditions. They are:
- UK Expansion Worker visa: This visa is for senior managers or specialist employees who work for an overseas business that has yet to start trading in the UK. They can come to the UK to establish a branch or subsidiary of the overseas company. They can stay for up to 12 months and may be able to extend for another 12 months.
- Senior or Specialist Worker visa: This visa is for senior managers or specialist employees working for an overseas business with an existing UK branch or subsidiary. They can come to the UK to do a job on the list of eligible occupations at their employer’s UK branch. They can stay for up to 5 years, with no limit on extensions. However, a combined maximum total stay limit based on salary still applies.
- Graduate Trainee visa: This visa is for recent graduates working for an overseas business with an existing UK branch or subsidiary. They can come to the UK to participate in a structured graduate training programme that leads to a managerial or specialist role. Furthermore, they can stay for up to 12 months, with no possibility of extension. But with the option to apply for the same visa again from outside the UK.
- Service Supplier visa: This visa is for overseas business employees with a contract to provide services in the UK. They can come to the UK to deliver those services on behalf of their employer. They can stay for up to 12 months, with no possibility of extension. Likewise, self-employed professionals may qualify if they have a contract to deliver their services.
- Secondment Worker visa: This visa is for employees of an overseas business with a contract to provide services in the UK through a secondment arrangement with a UK-based organisation. They can come to the UK to deliver those services on their employer’s behalf under the UK-based organisation’s supervision. They can stay for up to 24 months, with no possibility of extension.
What are the benefits of the Global Business Mobility visa?
The Global Business Mobility visa offers several advantages for overseas businesses and their staff who want to operate in the UK market. Some of these advantages are:
- Flexibility: The Global Business Mobility visa covers a variety of situations and objectives for overseas businesses to bring their staff to the UK, from setting up a new branch to delivering services under a contract. The visa also allows different levels of seniority and specialisation, from graduates to senior managers.
- Simplicity: The Global Business Mobility visa simplifies and consolidates some of the previous work and business visas, making it easier for applicants and sponsors to understand and comply with the requirements. The visa also reduces the administrative burdens and costs of applying for multiple visas.
- Opportunity: The Global Business Mobility visa enables overseas businesses to access the UK market and talent pool, as well as benefit from the UK’s trade and investment opportunities. The visa also allows staff to gain valuable experience and skills in the UK and enhance their career prospects.
How can Axis Solicitors help you apply for the Global Business Mobility visa?
Suppose you are an overseas business that wants to bring your staff to the UK under the Global Business Mobility visa or a staff member who wants to apply for this visa. In that case, you will benefit from expert legal advice and guidance from Axis Solicitors. We have a team of experienced and professional solicitors with extensive knowledge and experience in dealing with all immigration matters, including the Global Business Mobility visa. We can help you with:
- Assessing your eligibility: We continuously evaluate your situation and advise you on which sub-category of the Global Business Mobility visa is most appropriate for you or your staff. Our solicitors can also explain the criteria and conditions you need to meet, such as having a valid certificate of sponsorship from your employer, doing a job on the list of eligible occupations, and being paid at least the minimum eligible salary.
- Preparing your application: As immigration experts, our team will be able to help you successfully prepare and submit your application online, ensuring that it contains all the relevant details correctly and that you provide all the necessary documents to support your application. When necessary, we will also assist you in paying the application fee and the immigration health surcharge or book your biometric appointment if required.
- Representing your case: Our solicitors have trained to liaise with the Home Office on your behalf and keep you updated on the progress of your application. Similarly, as solicitors, we can represent your case in case of any queries or challenges from the Home Office and advise you on how to respond to them. We consider our clients our extended family; therefore, we are always ready to help you appeal or challenge negative decisions.
- Supporting you throughout your stay: Our staff provides ongoing support and advice throughout your stay in the UK under the Global Business Mobility visa. A solicitor will help you extend or change your visa if you are eligible and wish to do so. The immigration team will also help you comply with the relevant immigration rules and regulations and inform you of any changes that may affect your immigration status.
If you are interested in applying for the Global Business Mobility visa or have any questions or concerns about this visa, please get in touch with us today. You can even book a free initial consultation, where we assess your case and advise you on the best course of action. Upfront, transparent, and fixed fees for any service we perform.
You can call us on 0800 048 7573
Email us at email@example.com
Or fill in our online enquiry form
Axis Solicitors accepts remote clients from anywhere and has offices you can visit in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Newcastle and Chester. Do not take chances with something as important as immigration; always choose an immigration specialist law firm.