020 7550 6166


0121 260 5566


0161 504 0084





Eligibility criteria for a UK Graduate Visa

To be able to qualify for a Graduate visa you must meet the following requirements:

  • You are currently in the UK.
  • You currently hold a Student visa or Tier 4 (General) visa.
  • You have studied a bachelors degree, masters degree, PHD or any other eligible course in the UK for a minimum period with your visa.
  • You have successfully completed your degree.

What is the validity of a Graduate Visa

The Graduate visa is valid for anyone with a Bachelors or Masters degree for a period of 2 years. However, if you have completed your PHD, you will be able to stay for 3 years from the day the application is approved.

When should I submit my application?

The application must be submitted before your current student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa expires.
You can apply right after your university has notified the Home Office about the completion of the course you completed. You do not need to wait until you have graduated or have been given a certificate.

How long does it take until I get a decision?

You will usually get a decision on your visa within 8 weeks of submitting the application along with the supporting documents.

Do I have to leave the UK once my visa expires?

Once your student visa / Tier 4 visa expires, you can reside in the UK while you wait for a decision on the Graduate visa.

What are the application fees?

  • The application fees is £715.
  • The healthcare surcharge is £624 for each year you are in the UK.

Can I Extend my Graduate Visa?

No, you cannot extend your stay in the UK under this route. Your are only allowed to apply for the Graduate visa once. However, you will be able to switch to other routes like the Skilled worker visa.

Can my Dependants Apply?

If your dependants are already in the UK on a student dependant visa, they are eligible to apply as a dependant under this route. However, new dependants will not be allowed to join you.

What documents do I need?

  • A valid passport or other travel document to prove your identity and nationality
  • Your biometric residence permit (BRP)
  • A confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) reference number from when you applied for your student visa.

You will not be requirement to provide financial evidence with the application.

Graduate Visa Solicitors

Over the years, we have assisted students with their UK immigration matters. Our student visa expert solicitors can guide you regarding the Graduate or student visa routes and submit your application inline with the Home office requirements for a successful outcome.