At Axis Solicitors, we understand that children are the most essential part of any family. That is why we offer a range of services to help you with any legal issues related to child matters, whether you are going through a divorce, separation, or any other family dispute. Our team of experienced and compassionate solicitors can advise you on the best course of action for your situation and represent you in court if necessary.
Children are at the heart of family law matters. Therefore, we are dedicated to providing comprehensive and compassionate legal services to help you when your case concerns any aspect of family law to ensure your child’s best interests are always at the forefront.
Our team of family law solicitors can help you with the following matters:
- Child Arrangement Orders in Disputes: If you and your ex-partner cannot agree on who the children will live with, how often they will see the other parent or any other aspect of their care, we can help you apply for a Child Arrangement Order (CAO) at the court. A CAO is a legal document that outlines arrangements for your children’s residence, contact, education, health, and other issues. We can help you complete the C100 application form, gather the necessary evidence, and present your case to the judge.
- Agreements Outside the Court: If you and your ex-partner can communicate and cooperate, you may reach an agreement on your children’s arrangements without going to court. This may save you time, money, and stress while giving you more control over the outcome. Of course, we will assist you in negotiating with the other party and their solicitors, drafting a written agreement, and then making it legally binding.
- Representation at Court: If you must go to court to resolve child matters in family law, Axis Solicitors can provide legal representation and guidance. Our team can help you prepare for the court hearings and file the required documents, such as witness statements or court bundles. Our family law solicitors are skilled at advocating for your interests and children’s welfare before the judge. They can also advise you on the role and involvement of other agencies, namely social services, the police, and CAFCASS (Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service).
- Liaise with Children’s Services, CAFCASS, and other agencies: Sometimes, your children’s legal matters may involve the intervention of children’s services (previously called social services), the police, or CAFCASS, especially if there are concerns about your children’s safety or welfare. These agencies may conduct assessments, investigations, or reports on your children’s situation and make recommendations to the court. Our family law solicitors can help you liaise with these agencies, understand their role and function, or challenge their findings if necessary.
- Child Custody and Child Protection: Nothing is more important than your children’s well-being and security. If you have any concerns that your children are exposed to neglect, harm or danger by the other parent or anyone else, we can assist you in taking immediate action to safeguard them. Our solicitors can help you apply for an emergency order, such as a Prohibited Steps Order (PSO) or a Specific Issue Order (SIO). These orders can prevent the other parent from taking or harming your children or be used to resolve a specific issue related to your children’s care.
At Axis Solicitors, we have a team of highly qualified and experienced family solicitors who can help you with any aspect of your children’s arrangements.
- Recognised by the Legal 500: Our law firm is ranked among the leading family law firms in the UK by the Legal 500, a prestigious guide that reviews and rates the best legal services providers in the country.
- Dedicated to client satisfaction: We are committed to providing excellent service and achieving the best possible outcome for you and your children. Our solicitors will listen to your needs, advise you on your options, and support you. At the same time, we will keep you informed of the progress of your case and respond to any questions promptly.
If you need help with your children’s legal matters, please contact us today to book a free consultation with one of our solicitors. We will provide you with the best possible service and are always available to help you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
A Child Arrangements Order is a legal decree issued by a Court when parents cannot reach an agreement regarding the living arrangements and contact with their child. These orders specify each parent’s time with the child and determine the child’s primary residence.
To obtain parental responsibility for an adopted child, someone with existing parental responsibility, such as the biological mother, must appoint you as the child’s new guardian.
Yes, it is possible to lose parental responsibility, particularly in cases of adoption. When a child is adopted, the parental responsibility of the biological parent(s) is terminated.
To regain custody of your child, you must convince the court that it is in the child’s best interest to be in your care. Providing compelling evidence is crucial, and you must demonstrate that there are no safety concerns for the child in your custody.
Yes, we can assist parents seeking full custody of their daughters. Our child custody solicitors are experienced in helping mothers and fathers secure custody under UK child custody laws. If you believe the other parent is unfit to care adequately for your child, we can guide you through the process.
Yes, fathers can obtain sole custody of their child in the UK, primarily if they have acknowledged paternity and can demonstrate a strong relationship with their child. UK child custody laws have evolved to support single fathers.
In custody cases, the court’s primary consideration is the child’s best interests. It is essential to focus on the child’s welfare rather than seeking revenge on a former partner. The court evaluates factors such as the strength of the parent-child relationship, attendance at key events, consistent child maintenance payments, and providing a safe and comfortable living environment for the child.
We are dedicated to helping you navigate the complexities of child custody in the UK. If you have further questions or need legal assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us at Axis Solicitors.
Let Us Help You!
Request a call back from an expert.
Axis Solicitors Limited has experienced solicitors who can help you with your matters for a successful outcome.
Contact us for immediate advice via phone or contact form.