Adult Dependent Relative Visa
UK Adult dependent relative (ADR) visa allows eligible applicants with long-term personal care needs to come to the UK to be looked after by their close relative (British national/ settled status).
Parents, grandparents, siblings and adult children can qualify for the ADR route provided your Sponsor is either a British citizen, settled or has a refugee or humanitarian status. Interestingly under exceptional circumstances (if you need extensive care), you can settle in permanently through an adult-dependent relative visa.
What are the eligibility requirements to apply for the UK Adult Dependant visa?
UK Adult Dependant visa eligibility criteria (entry clearance):
To successfully qualify as an adult dependant relative (entry clearance), you must be a parent, grandparent, sibling or child. In each case, you must be 18 years of age and above and are either ill, old-aged or disabled who requires extensive and indefinite care.
Further, you need to prove that:
- Your UK relative can support, accommodate and care for you without recourse to public funds for at least 5-years
- The treatment or care in your home country is not affordable or reasonable. Also, no other person in the country you live in can provide you with long-term personal care (including all the household tasks like cooking, washing, cleaning, etc.)
- You must provide extensive medical, identification and information reports
- You have not been convicted of any serious criminal offence and meet the character suitability requirements per Section S-EC: Suitability-entry clearance of Appendix FM
Additionally, your UK sponsor (relative) must also satisfy the following criteria. He/She must:
- Be a British or Irish National or,
- Have a pre-settled status (EEA nationals living in the UK before 1 January 2021) or,
- Have a settled status and provide proof of Indefinite leave to remain, settled status or permanent residence or
- Hold a refugee status or humanitarian protection
Get Professional Help
To get UK Immigration expert advice, guidance and support, reach out to our SRA-regulated Axis team. Call us now at 0800 048 7573 for more information on formulating sound skeleton arguments and options available whether you are an ADR sponsor or an applicant. Maximise your chances of more favourable outcomes by booking an appointment with one of our friendly and qualified immigration experts.
Let Us Help You!
Request a call back from an expert.
Axis Solicitors Limited has experienced solicitors who can help you with your matters for a successful outcome.
Contact us for immediate advice via phone or contact form.