Under this scheme, you can live, travel and undertake employment in the UK without sponsorship. It is a once-in-a-lifetime visa, so once you have used it, you can not avail of it again.
Migrants on this route cannot bring their dependents. Furthermore, this is not a route to settlement; however, time spent under this route will count towards 10 years of continuous lawful residence leading towards settlement.
The Youth Mobility Scheme (YMS) is now being expanded to include India and Iceland from the 1st of January 2022. If you belong to the following countries or territories, you may be eligible to apply:
- British Overseas citizen
- British Overseas Territories citizen
- British National (Overseas)
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
Youth Mobility Scheme (YMS) – Validity, Suitability, and Financial Requirements
- As mentioned, applicants under the visa category can only be in the UK for up to 2 years.
- Applicants must submit their application from outside the UK and apply for entry clearance before their arrival.
- The application fee is currently £244, and the Immigration Health Charge is £1,248.
- The applicant must be over 18 years of age on the date their entry clearance will become valid, and they must also be under the age of 30 on the date of application.
- Applicants must not fall for refusal under the general grounds. If there are any concerns, it is important to seek immigration advice before applying. Our team at Axis Solicitors can assist you in this regard and provide the correct guidance for a successful visa application.
- The applicant must not have previously spent time in the UK on this route.
- Applicants may need to provide a tuberculosis test certificate, depending on where they have resided 6 months prior to submitting the application.
- Those applying must have funds of £2,350 held for 28 days.
- Applicants must not have children under 18 who are either living with them or financially dependent upon them.
Doubts? Further Questions? Get Help Now!
The Youth Mobility Scheme offers a fantastic opportunity for those eligible to experience life in the UK. If you are unsure about the eligibility requirements for Youth Mobility Scheme, connect with our highly qualified Immigration experts at Axis Solicitors via a call at 0333 016 5270 or feel free to drop an email: (email@example.com). You can even find us on social media for an ‘online’ query.
Youth Mobility Scheme – Sponsorship Requirements
Youth Mobility Scheme Sponsorship requirements are not applicable to British Overseas citizens, British Overseas Territories citizens, or British National (Overseas). However, they do apply to all other nationals.
Youth Mobility Scheme Quotas
The following countries have deemed Sponsorship status, and their allocation of places for 2022 is as follows
- Australia – 30,000 places
- Canada – 6,000 places
- Hong Kong – 1,000 places
- Japan – 1,500 places
- Monaco – 1,000 places
- New Zealand – 13,000 places
- Republic of Korea – 1,000 places
- Taiwan – 1,000 places
Those belonging to countries with deemed sponsorship status must provide a passport issued by their country to meet the sponsorship requirement.
Following are countries without Deemed Sponsorship Status along with a total allocation of places available for 2022:
- Iceland – 1,000 places
- India – 3,000 place
- San Marino – 1,000 places
Those belonging to countries without deemed sponsorship status must provide evidence of sponsorship that has been issued to them no more than six months before the date of the application.
Additional Requirements for Indian Nationals
To be eligible to qualify, Indian Nationals will also need to provide evidence that they:
- Hold a qualification equal to RQF Level 6 or above (i.e. equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree or above) or
- Have a minimum of 3 years of work experience in a professional role equivalent to an eligible occupation (i.e. those roles that would qualify for a Skilled Worker visa under the sponsorship regime).
Axis Solicitors can help you with sourcing, compiling, and gathering all the required supporting documents to put together a well-versed application collation per UKVI standards, which increases the chances of approval while decreasing the stress and burden from your shoulders. Onboarding our devoted and highly trained Immigration specialists will make your application aligned with the Home Office requirements and criteria. Achieving the merits of the Home Office and getting your approval immediately after your application submission through us is our priority. Explore your options and make your visa journey easier by connecting with us via a call at 0333 016 5270 or feel free to drop us an online query.
Youth Mobility Scheme Visa Decision Timeframe
You can submit your application up to 6 months before the date you intend to enter the UK. If you meet all eligibility and suitability requirements, your application will be approved. It usually takes 3 weeks to get a decision.