020 7550 6166


0121 260 5566


0161 504 0084





What are the eligibility requirements for this visa?

If you would like to apply under this visa category then you must be able to show the following:

  • You have a valid certificate of sponsorship for the job
  • You can prove that you can speak and understand English,
  • if you are applying to stay for longer than 12 months then you must also have personal savings to support yourself for when you arrive in the UK
  • You must show that you can travel and be able to show your travel history over the last 5 years
  • You have a tuberculosis test certificate
  • If you are switching from a student visa then you must have an eligible qualification.

What documents must I provide?

Having the correct documents is very important before submitting an application. The following documents are required for this visa:

  • Your certificate of sponsorship reference number (your employer will give you this)
  • Proof of your knowledge of English if you are applying to stay for longer than 12 months (unless you’re exempt)
  • Evidence that you have enough personal savings to support yourself in the UK,
  • A valid passport or other document that shows your identity and nationality
  • Expired passports or travel documents if you need them to show your travel history
  • Your tuberculosis test results if applicable
  • A letter of endorsement from your sport’s governing body

We understand that collecting documents can be a stressful process which is why we have a team of experienced lawyers who can help you gather the correct documents. Our lawyers will provide you with a detailed document list and ensure that you understand the process. Our team will ensure you have all the correct documents required for this application.

How do I meet the English language requirement?

You can prove your knowledge of English by:

  • Passing a Secure English Language Test (SELT) from an approved provider
  • Have an academic qualification that was taught in English and is recognised by Ecctis (formerly UK NARIC) as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or PhD
  • You are a national of an English-speaking country

How much funds must I show?

You must demonstrate that you have atleast £1,270.00 in your bank account to show that you can support yourself in the UK. These funds must be shown in your account for 28 days prior to the application.

What are the Home Office fees for this application?

The Home Office fee is made up of two payments:

  • The Application Fee which is £244 for a single applicant and £610 if the person is applying from outside the UK and is staying longer than 12 months. If you are applying in the UK to extend or switch your visa then the fee is £704.
  • The Immigration Health Surcharge will be £624 per year and the total will depend on how long you decide to stay.

Can my family apply with me on this visa?

If you have a dependent child or partner then they can also apply as your dependents. They will be required to show evidence of their relationship with you i.e. marriage certificate or birth certificates of children. Your dependent partner must show that they are in a marriage or civil partnership with you that is recognised by the UK. They must also show that they are living together in a relationship with you for atleast 2 years.

If you have dependent children who are over the age of 16 then they must show that they are in full time education and they are supported financially by you. They must not be married or have any children. Your dependents will also need evidence that they can support themselves in the UK.

To find out more about making an application for your family members then please do not hesitate to contact our experienced lawyers on 0800 048 7573 or you can drop us an email on

How long is this visa valid for?

This visa is valid for a total of 3 years initially.

Am I able to extend this visa?

you can extend this visa providing you have met the eligibility requirements for this visa. You must make an application within 28 days of your visa expiring. If your application is successful then you will be issued a visa for a further 3 years Our team of experts are on hand to help you with extending your visa.

Can I take an additional job?

Yes you can take a second job on this visa as long as you are working up to a maximum of 20 hours a week in either:

  • The same profession as your main job
  • A profession on the Skilled Worker shortage occupation list

You can contact our experienced lawyers on 0800 048 7573 during office hours; we are available Monday to Friday. You can always drop an email at ( We would be more than happy to assist in your application. We have an experienced team at Axis Solicitors who can assist you in making an application. Our team will guide you on the requirements of this visa as well as the documents you require in order to make a successful application.