Naturalisation / Citizenship Solicitors in Manchester
If you are or have recently settled in the United Kingdom and are now looking forward to becoming a British Citizen, you must undergo a process of Naturalisation.
Like any other applications for leave, naturalisation application also have some requirements which must fulfil while submitting an application to the Home Office. Once successful you are required to attend a ceremony after which you can apply for your British Passport.
Our team of experienced immigration solicitors have successfully helped a lot of applicants obtain their British citizenship. We guide you from start of the application process up until the decision on your application is made i.e. from collating all the mandatory documents, answering all the queries you have and step by step guidance throughout the application process. Our team of experts write a strong letter of representations for you to increase your chances of successful naturalisation application.
What are the Requirements for Naturalisation as a British Citizen?
Once you have settled and have spent certain number of years (depending upon your settlement route) in the UK, you must meet the following requirements:
- You are 18 or over;
- You have intention to make UK your main home or to continue working in Crown service;
- You have sufficient English language knowledge;
- You have enough knowledge of Life in the UK;
- You are of good character; means you must not have any recent convictions;
- You have not broken any Immigration law recently.
How Many Days I can Spend Outside UK?
When travelling outside UK, you must know the maximum number of days you are allowed to spend outside UK.
- In the last 1 years, you should not spend more than 90 days outside UK;
- In the last 3 years, you should not spend more than 270 days outside UK;
- In the last 5 years, you should not spend more than 450 days outside UK.
Children to be Registered as a British Citizen
Children who are under 18 years of age can not be naturalised thus must undergo a registration process. Their application depends upon whether the child was born in the UK or somewhere else and what is the immigration status of the parents. Unlike naturalisation, the children do not need to meet the requirements of English language and Life in the UK.
Axis Solicitors have an expert team of immigration solicitors who can guide you the best route available for your child.