Business Immigration

Sole Representative Visa

The UK Immigration is moving towards the point-based system; however, UK Sole Representative visa is one of few non-points based work visa remaining. Using a Sole Representative Visa category, foreign investors and businessmen can expand their business in the UK by way of opening another branch in the UK.

UK Sole Representative Visa - Axis Solicitors

Sole Representative/Overseas Business Representative

Furthermore, the visa holder can bring their family members as their dependents in the UK. The dependents can work for the employer on full-time basis but cannot start your own business.

Skilled Worker Visa/Overseas business representative Conditions

Conditions for Sole Representative Visa

Below are the conditions and requirements set by the Home office to qualify for the Representatives of an Overseas Business Visa:

  • An applicant must have sufficient funds to bear living expenses in the UK without the access of public funds

  • An applicant must pass English test with English proficiency to be at least CEFR level A1 in speaking and listening

You may also be eligible if the business has a legal entity in the UK that does not employ staff or do any business. If your employer has been working to establish a UK branch or subsidiary, but it is not yet set up, you can replace a previous sole representative

Requirements for Sole Representative

In case you are coming to the UK as a Sole representative then an applicant must:

  • Be recruited and employed outside the UK by an active and trading business (whose headquarters and principal place of business are, and will remain, outside the UK)

  • Have the relevant expertise, know-how and potential to do the role

  • Be in a senior management level having full control over the business decisions (but do not own or control the majority of it)

  • Intend to establish the overseas business’s first commercial presence in the UK, either as a registered branch or a wholly-owned subsidiary

If an applicant is employed by a Newspaper, broadcast or news agency then you are eligible to come to the UK if posted on a long-term assignment.

Skilled Worker Visa Requirements

Successful Applications

5000+ Clients


4 Branches in the UK

Satisfied Clients


We are accredited by:

Home Office Fee

Children who are under 18 years of age can not be naturalised thus must undergo a registration process. Their application depends upon whether the child was born in the UK or somewhere else and what is the immigration status of the parents. Unlike naturalisation, the children do not need to meet the requirements of English language and Life in the UK.

English test needs to be passed by the applicant with English proficiency to be at CEFR level A1 in speaking and listening. Applicants must have an academic qualification that was taught in English and is recognized by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD.

An applicant can apply for a visa as early as 3 months before they intend to come to the UK. The processing time of the application depends upon the circumstances of the applicant. However, Home Office usually takes 3 weeks to make a decision when you apply from outside the UK whereas an application under priority service is decided within 5 days. Super priority service is also available for the applicants in which Home Office will make a decision within 24 hours.

Representatives of an Overseas Business Visa will allow the applicant to stay in the UK for an initial period of 3 years which can be extended for another 2 years. The holder of the visa is entitled to permanent settlement as well after the completion of 5 years in the UK.

Home office charges £610 per application for a Representative of an Overseas Business Visa. Applicant needs to pay the health surcharges along with their application.

Health and Care Workers

Doctors and Nurses or someone working in health or adult social care can apply for Health and Care Workers visa


After 5 years of Sole Representative/Overseas Business Representative Visa, you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

Need an Immigration advice?

We can help clients across the UK. We service the work from our four offices (Manchester, London, Birmingham and Chester).

How we can help

Why you should choose us?

When you instruct us you will receive the following service that we take pride in

Dedicated Case Handler

Each of our cases is handled directly by a senior solicitor in our firm; they are also assisted by at least a team of two other relevantly qualified team members, which includes solicitors and paralegals.

Fixed Fee

In most of the cases, we charge fixed fee, which is quoted right at the beginning while taking instructions and this never changes. You can reasonably contact our team of lawyers as many times as you like during the course of your instruction as we prefer to help clients even after we have won their case.

Expertise and Efficiency

Our UK Solicitors that are allocated your case, are all fully experienced in their specific field of Law. We spend considerable amount of time staying up to date with laws to provide you with best service.

Get a personal consultation.

Thank you for your message. It has been sent.
There was an error trying to send your message. Please try again later.

Other services.

View all services

Startup Visa

Route for entrepreneurs who are looking to establish a business in the UK for the first time.

Skilled Worker Visa

Route for skilled workers from outside the Uk to come to the UK for work settled in UK.

Sole Representative Visa

Foreign Investors and Businessmen can expand their business in the UK using this visa.