Start Up Visa Solicitors
Start Up visa UK is a successor of Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa. This route is for new entrepreneurs who are looking to establish a business in the UK for the first time.
Home Secretary announced about Start Up Visa in June 2018 that this new route will expand the applicant pool of talented entrepreneurs.
To qualify for the Start Up Visa you must be endorsed from an approved endorsing body. This process will also make the visa process faster and smoother for entrepreneurs to come to the UK.
Main features of Start Up Visa UK
- No initial funding is required;
- Visa is granted for 2 years;
- It offers you flexibility of working outside your own business to support yourself;
- You can bring your dependant family members i.e. spouse (husband/wife) or any children under 18 to the UK.
Requirements for Start Up Visa Uk
- be 18 years of age;
- have an endorsement letter from an authorised body that your business is feasible.
- have a minimum level of English Language at least CEFR level B2 in reading, writing, speaking and listening. However, if you are applying within the United Kingdom and have already proved your knowledge of English language to be of level B2 in any earlier successful application, then you are exempt of this requirement. Moreover, if you are a national of English-speaking country then you are exempt of this requirement.
- be able to maintain yourself while you are in the UK. You need to have at least £945 in your bank account for 90 consecutive days before you apply. (If you are applying from outside the uk, and the maintenance funds are held in another currency. The amount of maintenance funds will be converted using the GBP exchange rate. The Home office relies upon oanda for exchange rates.)
Endorsement criteria for Start Up Visa UK
All the applicants will be assessed on the following criteria: –
You must have a genuine, original business plan that meets the market needs and offering something more than just competing with similar local traders and that your idea will bring something new to forgoing UK business market.
You must have the skills, knowledge and experience to run a successful business. You must identify long-term and short-term plans for the business.
You must have a structured plan that your business will grow and have potential for job creation to help the economy grow.
How can we help you with Start Up Visa UK
Expert advice and clear guidance throughout the case is very important and critical for the success of the application. Our specialist Business Immigration Solicitors keep an eye on new rules and identify the legal requirements in order to make a successful application. We assist you from start to finish, making sure your application and supporting documents are correct and according to the Home Office guidelines.
Get Advice Today
Call us today
Home Office Fees
If you are the main applicant and applying from outside the United Kingdom, then you must pay £363.00 towards the application fee. Any dependants applying with you there is an additional fee in the sum of £363.00 per dependant.
However, if you are switching into this category from inside the UK then you must pay £493.00 for yourself and each dependant.
In addition to the Home Office fee, there is an Immigration Health Surcharge fee that is payable towards your 2 years of grant of leave in the United Kingdom.
Application processing time
Can I extend UK Start Up Visa?
Start Up Visa UK is granted for the maximum of 2 years. On 24 months endorsement you must demonstrate enough progress to meet the requirements of UK Innovator Visa. However, if you cannot demonstrate enough progress in the current business and you have any other idea which meets the requirements of UK Innovator Visa, then you can apply for UK Innovator Visa.